Consume antioxidants to look your best from the inside out
Where do we find them?
Antioxidants are found in the following forms:
- Natural antioxidants such as beta carotene (pro-vitamin A) are in carrots, mango, tomatoes, melons, peaches and spinach.
- Vitamin E (tocopherol) is an antioxidant found in many fruits and vegetables like avocado, sweet potato, asparagus, spinach, tomatoes, broccoli, berries and carrots.
- Food sources that contain vitamin C (from highest to lowest amount) are: currants, green peppers, kiwi, lemon, strawberries, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, oranges, tomatoes, turnip and melon.
- Food sources that contain selenium include meat, fish, whole grains and dairy products. The properties of vegetables also depend on the land where they were grown.
Flavonoids are polyphenolic – compounds found in fruits, vegetables, green tea and wine. They are excellent antioxidants.
Benefits of Antioxidants
Several scientific studies have shown that antioxidants reduce the risk of:
• Cardiovascular disease
• Delay premature aging
• Degenerative diseases
• Strengthen the immune system
The consumption of hydrogenated vegetable oils (margarine) and trans fatty acids (fat from meat and milk) also contributes to the increase of free radicals.
- People allergic to citrus should take precautions
- People with gastritis should avoid eating citrus antioxidant source
- In cases of diverticulitis are advised to avoid the consumption of fruits with seeds (or can strain the seeds)
- Diabetics should monitor the amount of sugar that provide fruits
From the look your best team hope this post will help improve your health and aspect from a very simple way.